If your swimming pool’s water looks cloudy or shady then chances are that your swimming pool filtration equipment is not as effective now as it was when you got it installed. In most of such cases, water alkalinity increases beyond the level which should be controlled with the help of muratic acid etc. In this article I am going to give you some pointers on how to decrease the alkalinity of your swimming pool. Please feel free to leave a comment and let us know how do you manage to keep the water alkalinity level under control.
5 Tips To Decrease Alkalinity Of Your Swimming Pool
- Turn off the pool pump by either disengaging the electrical cord from the outlet or by turning the circuit breaker off.
- According to the size of you swimming pool, measure the correct amount of muratic acid in a metal bucket.
- Dilute the muratic acid by adding an equal amount of water. Make sure you have diluted the acid with proper amount of water.
- If you are using the solution for in-ground swimming pools pour the solution into the deep end of the pool. If used for the above-ground swimming pools pour it around the circumference of the pool.
- Leave the solution for 20 – 30 minutes so that it can set in the pool. Turn on the power of the pump and allow the filtration system to cycle the water and acid for an hour.
Jake Dickson is the author and the founder of eHome Improvement Directory. I love to do “Do-it-Yourself Projects” with my lovely wife and kids. In my day time I work in a locksmith company in Broward County, FL that’s offer residential, commercial and automotive locksmith services in Broward County, FL. When you need a Hollywood locksmith, Weston locksmith or Deerfield Beach locksmith call us and we will come! 🙂